1. Know Your WhyThis isn’t #1 out of my 9 network marketing tips for nothing…To thrive and be successful in anything in life, you must know your “why.”This is your driving force and motivating factor for making something happen, otherwise you won’t be bothered to get it done. What are your reasons for considering starting an online business in network marketing? Is it because you are looking for financial freedom? Want to be able to spend more time with your kids?Looking to travel the globe and have greater flexibility with your time?↓↓↓ Get super clear on what your WHY is and then commit to it ↓↓↓
2. Get Clear On What Need Your Product Or Service Is FulfillingIt’s important to identify the need or want that your product or service can fulfill. For example, by someone joining your network marketing business you can help them address a need for additional finances. Maybe the health and wellness products you sell can help people with their aspirations to stay healthy and look after themselves. This is going to help you hone in on the reasoning behind everything you do and how it can impact others’ lives.
3. Identify Your Target MarketYour target audience are the people most likely to have the above need or want. A ‘spray and pray’ approach where you sell to everyone is not going to work, period. As an example, my target audience are mums that are either stay-at-home or full time employed who are looking to make an extra income and have more time with their family.
4. Decide On A Goal Now that you have determined your why and you have your big dream outlined, it’s time to set some short and long term business goals that will help you reach your dream. This is something your upline or sponsor (the person you signed up with) can help give you guidance on.
5. Be Genuine And EthicalOut of all the network marketing tips I have to share, this is possibly the one that makes or breaks most careers in the space.If you can show up with integrity in everything you do, be genuine and be ethical and people will trust you! For many years direct selling and network marketing has received a bad reputation due to reps who have used hype — and oftentimes deception — in order to get new recruits to sign on. It’s from this behaviour that many people are led to believe that MLM companies themselves encourage this behavior when in all honesty, they simply don’t!Legitimate MLM companies like GIF expect you to be honest in how you deal with customers and potential recruits. If you truly believe in a product and the benefit it can bring to a person, your genuine enthusiasm and the quality of the product will be enough to promote it. Avoid making any over-the-top or exaggerated or false claims and just be authentic and true to yourself!
6. Don’t Pester Your Friends and FamilyThe absolute last thing you want to do is piss off (excuse my terrible French) any family or friends and have them call you crazy because you won’t leave them alone. There’s nothing wrong in sharing with them what you’re doing, but if they’re not interested, then take “no” as “no” and move the hell on. These can often be the people who are initially very skeptical, but once they see your success they can be more open to the opportunity. The proof is all in the pudding!7. Sponsor, Don’t RecruitOne of the great advantages of building an MLM business is the potential to bring in new business builders and profit from the sales they make in their business.Now you may be thinking, “isn’t that using others you selfish sod?” While it may seem like this, in reality you’re being rewarded for helping others succeed.But in order for them for them to truly succeed, you have to take your role as being a trainer and leader seriously, not just rack up as many recruits as possible — quality over quantity!The focus should always be on the success of those you help in the business, not solely on you.
8. Learn How To Market And Create An Action Plan & Strategy The best leads will always be the ones you find yourself and who are genuinely interested in your product or service. If you’ve ever wondered how to market your network marketing business, here’s a couple of ideas (that can be seen as a bunch of extra network marketing tips) below of where you can get started network marketing online and in person. Create a website: Take a look at the policies of the company you’re working with to see what they allow regarding websites. I have my own website as Forever Living allows us to do that, which is really helpful. Build an email list: The first step is creating awareness and getting people to take an interest in what you have — by visiting your website, for example. Next is to get those leads to subscribe to your email list. You can do this by getting them to sign up by offering them something for free — like what I’m offering you below:Write articles or blogs:You could either write content related to what you’re offering for other websites or for your own if you have one or are planning on creating one. Don’t just write with a hard sell, the purpose is to offer your audience golden nuggets of information that can help or benefit them from reading it. Network marketing on social media:Just posting about what you’re offering may not garner much results from social media. You will have to be a bit more creative and strategic to your approach. An example would be, if you are selling wellness products that help you lose weight, share before and after images that show results, or create videos that depict how you use a certain wellness product in the kitchen when you’re cooking. I’ve actually written a book all about how I used social media to double my business. Develop a referral program:You will find that many people you initially talk to won’t be interested in buying right away, but they may know people who would be keen on what you’re selling. Happy customers may want to share your product or business, so a great way to leverage this is by creating some sort of referral program which can give people incentive to refer others to you. Go to events or create your own and network: Get out there and meet people at any different networking events that are happening in your area. Another option is to host your own events, like a pamper and Prosecco evening where you invite people and ask them to bring a friend with them. This is a great way to meet new people and who doesn’t love networking with some wine?!
9. Stand Out from Other DistributorsA challenging aspect of starting an online business in network marketing can be convincing prospects to buy or join with you as opposed to the other reps they may know… How to be successful in network marketing? Well, you’re all selling the same stuff at the end of the day, so it’s incredibly important to differentiate yourself within the market. Ultimately people will gravitate towards you for your “uniqueness” and if they feel they will get something more with you. You want to give people a reason to choose you over any other reps